I’ve been remiss in not highlighting the Entreverge awards before today… which also happens to be the last day Propel, the Portland Regional Chamber’s young professionals group, is accepting nominations.
So what are you waiting for? I’m sure you know that entrepreneur — even if they don’t call themselves one — who’s growing his or her business in southern Maine and is committed to bettering the local economy. Go nominate them!
The winners of yesteryear include Atayne, which was a runner-up last week in Gorham Savings Bank’s LaunchPad business plan competition; Flyte New Media; Liquid Wireless; and Bite Into Maine, the food truck famous throughout the country now for its lobster rolls. Other past winners can be seen here.
Those nominated will receive an application, and the winner is chosen at an annual event. This year it will take place on Wed., June 12, 2013, at Grace Restaurant in Portland.
Here are the official nomination guidelines:
• Business must be for-profit and located in southern Maine
• Business has been operating for a minimum of 6 months
• Business plan is scalable
• Business has a proven commitment to the people, place and prosperity of Maine
• Business would benefit from receiving a prize package of support services
Again, here’s the link to the nomination page.